John and Charlotte Crippen

My husband John and I met Suzette while we were dorm parents at the LDS Business College and lived in the Avenues in Salt Lake City. She moved to her darling apartment on the corner of 1st Ave and I can't remember what letter street, and we were in the same ward together. We became friendly and she invited us and our two year old, Broc over for dinner.

From then on we became friends and if I remember right she would sit with us at church. John was, and still is, crazy about budgets, and somehow convinced Suzette that she should be on a budget and that he could put her on the road to recovery and help her find her way to financial freedom.

In the months that followed we moved from the Avenues to Farmington, but still kept in touch. One night not long after we moved she borrowed her friend Tara's car and she came to have dinner with us. While there John sat down with her and put her on a budget.

I must tell you that I was a little embarrassed by John's enthusiasm and desire to "get her on a budget" and to also keep her on her budget. But in the years since, Suzette has expressed to both John and I that, that particular night and budget experience did indeed give her financial freedom! John is so proud to call her his first success story! I must also tell you that in the years since John has used the "Suzette Success Budget Story" on many occasions. i.e. Church talks, job interviews and even his Notre Dame MBA application. So thanks Suzette for being willing!

We love Suzette and although our friendship has primarily been through cards and emails we are grateful for her friendship! I know that I will always get a birthday card or email from Suzette and I truly look forward to it!

Happy Birthday Suzette! May the next forty be just as adventurous, exciting and filled with lots of love, laughter, friends and family!