René Bookoff

Friends on BOTH Coasts!!!
15 Years of Memories

1995-Meeting as naive therapists on the spinal injury unit of Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center, Downey California
Fondest memories *Spinal Injury Games *Prevention mural *Disney with our gangsta friends

1997-SCUBA diving buddies
Fondest memories *reaching equilibrium and not knowing which way was up

1998-I moved “back East” wondering if I would ever see my old friends again
Fondest memories *Suzette has been one of those people who has never forgotten me!!!

Throughout 2000-2008 Suzette made an effort to come see me if she was within 100 miles of my home

2008- Suzette moves to the DC area, where I am blessed to have her within 1 ½ hour drive from me!!!
Fondest memories *sharing our pictures & stories *going for hikes

Although Suzette is turning 40 and I’ve known her so long, time does not seem to have any effect on her vibrancy nor our friendship. She is the kind of person with whom years can go by without us being together, and then one day she pops up and our friendship is rekindled within first sight of one another. I hope we continue to keep our friendship for many years to come. And, I pray for health and happiness well into the next 40 years.

Peace be with you Suzette and welcome to your 40’s!!!

Suzette and me (Rene Bryk, now Bookoff) on my last day at "the Ranch" 2006
Now that you're 40, would you recommend taking people with quadriplegia on a log flume ride? Or how about am-bu bagging a person who is vent dependent for nearly 20 minutes so that they could partake in a Pirates of the Caribbean Cruise?