Way back in nineteen ninety something Suzette became involved with the youth activities in the Boston Stake. As the Longfellow Park wards became the main source for youth activity chaperons, Suzette quickly became a stake favorite. She was wild, crazy, and knew how to have more fun than most of us ever thought was possible. With time our stake split and our youth groups quickly got smaller. This is when our leaders and chaperons really began to stand out and interact with us. Suzette was perfect for helping a bunch of shy teachers and timid mia maids break the ice.
Towards the end of my high school years Suzette would come over for Sunday beans frequently. She was always a lot of fun to have in our home because she always had something to talk about. She was so fun to talk to because no matter what random events were taking place in my life, she always could connect with how I felt and would share similar stories. Another great trait of Suzette, she has a great sense of humor that fit right in with my family. One of my favorite parts about having her come over for dinner is that she would always join me in my Sunday Night Exile, aka washing the dishes. The guests would never help but she always would either rinse or dry the dishes while I washed them. We'd have long talks about life, school, girls in the stake, church, sports, food, etc. As a high schooler, it was a relief to talk to someone with a working head on their shoulders and a bigger perspective on life. I respected her and because of her respect for my parents, I gained a respect for my parents.
Perhaps the best of all my memories, was when Suzette let me use her apartment to host a double date. She left her key in her mailbox and took all her roommates out on the town so that my friend and I could have a place to prepare dinner and watch a movie without having sisters running in and out. Though my date felt like we were breaking into some random person's house and using their stuff without asking, it was an awesome experience and it's a main example I use to explain why I liked high school so much.
Happy Birthday Suzette! You're a great friend and I hope you are still the life of the party. Thanks for everything. I hope the best for you.