There are so many things to love about Suzette, but one characteristic that I really appreciate about her is her ability to forge and maintain relationships. Suzette and I met in the Boston area about 10 years ago, when we were both members of the Longfellow Park Ward. Although we knew each other there, we weren't especially close; we were part of the same big group of friends, but were never roommates or hung out one-on-one. However, after we both moved out of that ward (and she moved to Utah), she really prioritized staying in touch: she sent a birthday card (she's amazing at remembering birthdays) and a Christmas card every year. And we'd manage to meet up for lunch or dinner every so often when I passed through Utah.
Now, luckily for me, Suzette and I are living in the same city again, and because she kept in touch over the years, we still have a friendship in place today. Many other friendships from that Boston ward have fallen by the wayside because one or the other of us didn't put the effort into staying in touch that Suzette did. I have so enjoyed meeting up with her in DC over the past year to eat, talk about the role of women in the church, gab about relationships, compare work stories, etc. Also, I get to benefit again from her proactive approach to organizing interesting events-- e.g., a lecture on sexuality, a discussion group about LDS women, etc I feel incredibly grateful to her for maintaining a connection with me over the years, so that now that we're in the same place again, we have been able to resume a friendship that is closer than when we last lived in the same city.
Happy Birthday, Suzette! You are so extraordinary!