Allyson Maughan

We have a history that goes back a long time. We have shared lots of times and I like thinking of those that have been good for both of us.

Growing up I was an idolizer. I thought all of the things my older sisters did was perfect. I loved your hair, your friends, your dancing… everything. I love you still but for different reasons. I love that you accomplishments to be proud of. I really respect those who serve in their community and I know you have done several things. I love that you want to be with me, Ben, and my girls. I feel special because you take time for us.


Some of my great memories of you are trips.


1- I loved coming to visit you my Jr. year on the honor roll trip. I guess because it was just the two of us. You threw a party and had friends come over and hang out with us. I felt so big and grown up and I was glad to be with you.


2- The trip to Wyoming at Lisa’s Uncle’s cabin. I was so excited to go being just old enough to be at college. Then riding with Charley where I felt my life was in peril while he went over bumps and then we got lost…Luckily we made it back and everyone rescued my freezing body


3- I came out to Boston to see you when you lived with Dana. We (you, Maree, and I) drove all the way to NY the night you pick me up. We stayed at a hotel and did everything we could in Palmyra and surrounding areas. It was so snowy and cold but we had fun together. Then we went to the movies and saw Dante’s Peak.

4- We went to France with mom and dad. I remember just the two of us going out and you said I am not worried you speak French. Well that was kind of true. We saw a million sights and had a nice hotel room to ourselves and were really treated like queens by mom and dad… I thought. It was so fun to walk among the people and sights and enjoy life.
I feel like I could go on forever…winding river hikes through the narrows, mountain cliff to reach Rick’s bear, Sunday strolls just down the dirt road.

I am glad that we are sisters and more glad we are friends. Thank you for being special to me.