Michelle G. Lovatt

Suzette Smith is turning 40 in March? No way, she can’t be turning 40..... she looks and acts too young for 40! That is so clear when you look at this photo of her in 2006 hugging Mickey Mouse!
The memories I have of Suzette include some wonderful times spent working with Executive Women International. I served on the EWI Corporate Board from 2001 – 2006 and during those years I worked closely with Suzette. We have traveled to many wonderful cities together and worked on many projects together over the years. We have laughed, cried and helped each other out professionally and personally. Suzette is a true friend. Suzette is talented, caring and gives of herself in so many ways. She can do just about anything she puts her mind to. Suzette still sends
personal hand‐written notes and birthday cards in this age of electronic “everything”. She stays in touch no matter what. I can always count on Suzette.


I’m so thankful that Tara Hurley Ross brought Suzette to EWI in Salt Lake City, Utah. Otherwise, she and I would have never crossed paths. One of my favorite times with Suzette was spent in New Orleans during an EWI Annual Meeting in 2004. Suzette was always making sure we took the most creative photos possible! One of her creative shots involved a guy in a bathtub with martini olives, but to save her from much embarrassment, I have not included that photo here.

I am so glad Suzette lives in Virginia now... much closer to me in Richmond. I have enjoyed going down memory lane as I looked for photos to include with this letter. Years of memories are in frames in my office and in boxes under my desk. So many photos I could have added but have only selected a few here.
I wish my friend much happiness in her life journey. A birthday is a time to celebrate, a time to reflect on memories and years past and a time to celebrate the future and what lies ahead. Happy Birthday my dear, here’s a toast to 40 and my wish for 40+ more!