Kristen and Aaron Smith

Ok, my first memory of Suzette was at Zion's. It was my first summer there, and I believe my first year being married into the family so it must have been July 2002. I remember walking with Aaron down to the river and there she was dreadlocks and all chillin by the water. Suzette was very friendly and genuinely interested in myself and meeting me. I remember being
impressed that she cared so much. I wasn't quite sure how to make out my first impression of this crazy nice person with dreadlocks in her hair, but I could sense that she was a total riot to be around and I also got the impression that she was a safe person. A safe person to talk to and one that wouldn't judge. And I still think that. We've been fortunate to see more of Suzette now that we live close by and it has been nothing but awesome.

If I had to describe Suzette in three words it would be insightful, entertaining, and respectful, ok 4...genuine. I always have a great time with Suzette and she is always missed whenever she has to leave reunions early or can't make it to events. I love how engaged she is in the family, and it inspires me to do the same. Hooray for Suzette, and a big thanks to Aaron for bringing such an amazing extended family into my life. May our dish sessions never end.

I don't know if Aaron will get around to writing it out, he's terrible at this, but he did say when I mentioned it to him that his first memory of Suzette was when she first got her driver's license and she came over to their house in Emmett in the big family van to take them all for a ride. For some reason it was amusing to Aaron. (Maybe has something to do with the memory of an 80's girl rockin a van and thinking how cool she was taking her 10 yr old cousins for a ride.)