One night at BYU Suzette and I made dinner for some guys in the ward and she did something to upset me, though I can't recall what it was. During her blessing of the food she also asked that "Kaylene would forgive her" - how can you stay mad at that.
We went to Magic Mountain once just the two of us and rode the Batman ride over and over til it made us sick.
Going to John Day to her grandparents cabin and having to drive 5 mph on the rock infested road.
Laying on our floor at BYU and plotting to hook up Tim and Lisa.
Practicing for our pool tournament with the guys, which I think we lost and that's why we had to make them dinner.
Sitting in the dark across the street from the Boone's place so that we could break in - and then helping Suzette climb in thru the shower window.
Eating at the Pie in Salt Lake and choking on my food when I learned that Suzette's "Steve" was Steve Haycock.
Suzette being my escort in the San Diego temple.
Meeting in Vegas. Eating at the restaurant at the top of the Stratesphere and just sitting there and talking for hours.
Hiking Angel's Landing – Sleeping outside at Zion’s during a sandstorm
Calling Suzette to tell her that I was going on a mission and having her be so excited and supportive.
Both summers that Suzette lived with my little family. Coming home one day and finding Alan sitting on Suzette's bed putting on make-up.
Suzette coming home from a date and climbing in bed with Rick and I to tell us all about it.
Getting pedicures and talking about relationships. One in particular when I was 8 months pregnant with Afton and the little Vietnamese lady telling me how swollen my ankles where(like I didn't know) and saying that I was having a girl when I was convinced it was a boy.
And one of my favorites is when we went together and had our ears pierced at the top. Suzette no longer has hers but I can't give mine up.
Suzette I hope you know how much I love you and what your friendship has meant to me. I couldn't just share "a" favorite memory cause there are just so very many and even the not so happy ones make me smile.
I know that you will have an incredible birthday you are so amazing. I hope to have many more wonderful memories with you over the next 40 years.