Michelle Bangerter Squire


What a great idea! Suzette is my dear friend and one of my most favorite people. I'm sure she's that to a lot of people. You can't help but be drawn to her.

My favorite memory of Suzette (and she might not remember this) was when I first started work at EWI. I was a temp there at the time and the first time we met she walked through the door carrying books and wearing some really sassy sunglasses. I remember she just had this air of confidence and coolness and I thought to myself "Wow, this girl is way awesome!" I was struggling at the time wondering what to do with my professional life, whether to stay at EWI or work somewhere else. One day she was sitting at my computer while I was sitting nearby and she said "So what do you want to do in life?" It caught me off guard that one, she really cared to know, and two, she wanted to have a discussion with me, a lowly temp:) As we talked she said something that has stuck with me ever since and that I have shared with others who've had the same predicament. She said "I knew I wanted to work at EWI because I wanted to go to work every day. It felt like home." It made me realize what I should be looking for in my professional life - and as a result I did stay with EWI and worked with Suzette the next two years through many hard and joyous times. I loved every minute working with her and the many chats we had. It was the most fun I'd ever had at work because Suzette was my friend.

Happy Birthday Suzette! You are truly a ray of sunshine. It's your world, we all just live in it:)